Research Assistant Professor
Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India, BVSc & AH, MVSc 1989.
Royal Veterinary College, University of London, UK, PhD 2001.
ICCM, Mosier Hall, P222A
- Developing strategies to minimize the risk of violative drug residues in food products of animal origin using pharmacokinetic (PK) modelling and simulation techniques.
- Use of PK- pharmacodynamic (PD) modeling for designing rational dosage regimens of antimicrobial drugs to obtain optimum therapeutic efficacy and minimize the emergence of resistance.
- Designing of appropriate drug dosage schedules of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) using principles of PK/PD integration and modeling of in vivo PK data with in vitro/ex vivo PD data.
1. Sidhu PK, Gehring R, Mzyk DA, Marmulak T, Tell LA, Baynes RE, Thomas W. Vickroy TW, Riviere JE (2017). Avoiding violative flunixin meglumine residues in cattle and swine. Journal of Veterinary Medical Association; 250(2): 182-189.
2. Singh G, Sidhu PK, Daundkar PS, Kaur G, Sharma SK (2016). Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic characterization of ceftiofur crystalline free acid (CCFA) following subcutaneous administration in domestic goats. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology & Therapeutics; doi: 10.1111/jvp.12373.
3. Balaje RM, Sidhu PK, Kaur G, Venkatachalam D, Rampal S (2015). Mutant Prevention Concentration, PK/PD integration and modeling of enrofloxacin data in diseased buffalo calves. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology & Therapeutics; doi: 10.1111/jvp.12223.
4. Sidhu PK, Rassouli A, Illambas J, Potter T, Pelligand L, Rycroft A & Lees P (2014). Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamics integration and modelling of florfenicol in calves. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology & Therapeutics; 37:231-242. doi: 10.1111/jvp.12093.
5. Sidhu PK, Kaur G, Kumbhar G, Balaje RM, Gupta MP (2014) Optimization of Dosage Regimen of Gentamicin against Pasteurella multocida in Bovines: Old Drug, New Approach. Journal of Veterinary Science & Technology 5: 199. doi:10.4172/2157- 7579.1000199.
6. Balaje RM, Sidhu PK, Kaur G, Rampal S (2013). Mutant Prevention Concentration and PK-PD Relationships of Enrofloxacin for Pasteurella multocida in Buffalo Calves. Research in Veterinary Science; 88: 134-141.
7. Dinakaran V, Dumka VK, Ranjan B, Balaje RM and Sidhu PK (2013). Pharmacokinetics following intravenous administration and pharmcodynamics of cefquinome in buffalo calves. Tropical Animal Health and Production; 45(7):1509-12.
8. Illambas J, Potter T, Sidhu PK, Rycroft A, Cheng Z, Lees, P (2012). Pharmacodynamics of florfenicol for calf pneumonia pathogens. The Veterinary Record 172:340.
9. Rassouli A, Lees P and Sidhu PK (2011). Florfenicol pharmacokinetics in calves following single subcutaneous injection. Journal of Veterinary Research; 66 (2): 95-101.
10. Sidhu PK, Landoni M F, Aliabadi Shojaee F, Toutain PL, Lees P (2011). Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling of marbofloxacin administered alone and in combination with tolfenamic acid in calves. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics; 34 (4): 376-387.
11. Sidhu PK, Landoni MF, Aliabadi FS and Lees P (2010). PK-PD integration and modeling of marbofloxacin in sheep. Research in Veterinary Science; 88: 134-141.
12. Sidhu PK, Landoni MF, Aliabadi Shojaee F, Lees P (2010). Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling of marbofloxacin administered alone and in combination with tolfenamic acid in goats. The Veterinary Journal; 184: 219-229.
13. Wang P, Wen Y, Han G-Z, Sidhu PK and Zhu BT (2009). Characterization of the oestrogenic activity of non-aromatic steroids: are the male specific endogenous oestrogen receptor modulators. British Journal of Pharmacology; 158:1796-1807.
14. Sappal R, Chaudhary RK, Sandhu HS and Sidhu PK (2009). Pharmacokinetics, urinary excretion and plasma protein binding of danofloxacin following intravenous administration in buffalo calves (Bubalus bubalis). Veterinary Research Communication; 33: 659-667.
15. Sidhu PK, Landoni MF and Lees P (2006). Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions of tolfenamic acid and marbofloxacin in goats. Research in Veterinary Science 80:79-90.
16. Sidhu PK, Landoni MF and Lees P (2005). Influence of marbofloxacin on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of tolfenamic acid in calves. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology& Therapeutics 28:109-19.
17. Alka, Gopal RM, Sandhu KS and Sidhu PK (2004). Efficacy of abamectin against ivermectin-resistant strains of Trichostrongylus colubriformis in sheep. Veterinary Parasitology 121: 277-283.
18. Sidhu PK, Aliabadi Shojaee F, Andrews M and Lees P (2003). Tissue chamber model of acute inflammation in farm animal species. Research in Veterinary Science 74:67-77.