The primary responsibility of the Research Committee in the College of Veterinary Medicine is to advise the faculty and the Office of the Dean on matters related to research and research funding.
Intramural Funding Opportunities (password required)
The College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) Grant Administration team will work with the CVM faculty throughout the life cycle of a grant project — from proposal submission to award closeout. Some of the services we provide include:
- Proposal preparation guidance
- Budget reviews
- Liaison to PreAward Services for submission of proposals to funding agencies
- Preparation of Sponsored Project Transmittal Sheets for sponsored research activity
- Assistance with industry funded research contracts
- Monthly financial reporting to investigators
- Close out accounts
- Processing and routing of zero dollar agreements (Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements)
PreAward Services provides a full range of assistance to faculty, staff and administrators in obtaining and administering funding from non-University sources to support KSU's creative and scholarly activities.
- Differentiating Sponsored Projects and Gifts (pdf)
- K-State Proposal Preparation Information
- K-State Fringe Benefits (these rates change every year around July 1)
- K-State Facilities and Administrative Rates (also known as Indirect Costs)
Compliance and responsible conduct
Comparative Medicine Group
The Comparative Medicine Group facilitates animal use in research and teaching at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University by providing high quality animal care in accordance with both federal and state regulations and AAALAC guidelines.
University activities that may involve research on human subjects, laboratory animal care and use, or propose to use recombinant DNA or biohazardous materials, must comply with applicable federal, state or local rules, regulations and guidelines.
Animal Use Policy
The College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, endorses and abides by the American Veterinary Medical Association policy on Animal Welfare as formulated by the AVMA Animal Welfare Committee
K-State Research Funding Opportunities
Kansas State University Institute for Commercialization (KSU-IC)