Applying for Admission
Both a completed VMCAS and KSU CVM Supplemental Application are required to be considered for admission.
Important application dates:
- January 21, 2021 : VMCAS 2021-2022 cycle application opens.
- May 12, 2021: KSU CVM Supplemental Application and Program portion of VMCAS opens.
- September 29, 2021 at 11:59 pm (ET): VMCAS and KSU CVM Supplemental Applications close. CASPer Situational Judgement Assessment due.
- Final date for CASPer is September 23, 2021 8:00 pm EDT.
Through the early opening of the VMCAS application, applicants will have the ability to:
- Log in, create an account and start the application.
- Complete the Personal Information, Academic History, and Supporting Information sections.
- Send official transcripts/WES evaluation. A transcript from every institution attended is required.
- Request letters of recommendation.
After May 12, 2021, applicants will be able to complete the KSU CVM portion of the VMCAS application.
1. Complete VMCAS online application
Personal information: Create a profile and provide birth, contact, residency, and family information.
Academic History: Provide information on all academic institutions attended, classes taken and grades earned. Official transcripts will be sent to VMCAS.
Supporting Information: Complete employment history as well as animal, veterinary, research, and volunteer/community experiences. List all achievements, awards and honors. Complete VMCAS essays.
Program Materials: Complete custom questions from KSU CVM. Upload Personal statement and CV/Resume. Three evaluations: Must be from a veterinarian, your advisor or a professor, and a personal evaluation from someone not related to you.
VMCAS identification number will be required to complete the KSU College of Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application.
- VMCAS Fee Waiver Program
Create Account: Create a username, password and provide email address and VMCAS ID number.
Education History: Enter information and dates attended for all colleges or universities.
Prerequisites: Complete the prerequisite section by entering all course information taken to fulfill KSU CVM requirements. If currently enrolled in courses for fall, winter or spring semesters, fill in all planned courses and mark as “In Progress”. All prerequisites must have a course assigned and requirements must be completed by the end of the spring semester of this application cycle. Applicants will not be able to progress past this portion unless all fields are filled.
Transcripts: Transcripts (unofficial accepted) must be uploaded to the application.
GRE scores will no longer be required for application nor considered during application review for the KSU College of Veterinary Medicine.
Fee: Non-refundable $50.00 USD application processing fee, payable online, is due at time of application.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a copy of the instructions (PDF)
3. Complete the CASPer Situational Judgement Assessment
- Log into CASPer, choose dates and times and complete assessment.
- CASPer Snapshot is NOT required.
- CASPer Duet is NOT required.
- Send scores to KSU College of Veterinary Medicine.
- The last test date has been extended to September 23, 2021.
5. Post-Doctoral Science Admission Pathway
The purpose of this pathway to admission is to increase the diversity within the veterinary profession as well as enhance the learning environment of the traditional veterinary student. The program is intended for applicants to KSU College of Veterinary Medicine who have earned a degree in another medical profession. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of exemplary accomplishments and be identified as exceptional for the potential benefit they bring in contributing to diversity within the veterinary profession. Applicants holding a professional degree (MD, DO and others) will have the academic prerequisites waived for application with evidence of a qualifying professional degree. The initial process for application includes submitting a letter of intent documenting reasons for consideration for this pathway and a Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com. Applicants will be required to apply through the traditional pathway.