To be considered for transfer you must send us the following:
- Letter stating why you wish to transfer to Kansas State University
- Copies of transcripts for all of your college work (need not be official transcripts)
- Current resume
- Letter from your current dean stating that you have not had any disciplinary nor academic problems should be emailed directly from the author to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three letters of reference - one must be from a veterinarian. Reference letters should be emailed directly from the author to email@example.com.
- Application fee (check for $50 USD made out to College of Veterinary Medicine)
Transfer applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited DVM program to be eligible for transfer.
The deadlines for transfer applications are: December 1 and May 1
To keep a transfer application up to date, applicants should send an updated transcript after each semester or trimester to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have a formal application form. Your transfer request file will be composed of the above listed information.
We consider transfer requests after the end of each semester to fill openings for the next semester. We accept transfer students into our preclinical semesters (semesters 2 through 6). Phone and/or Zoom interviews are required of all transfer applicants.
Depending on the number of courses completed and our specific openings, admitted applicants may or may not have to repeat some courses.
Please send all transfer application materials and questions to:
Assistant Dean of Admissions
College of Veterinary Medicine
103 Trotter Hall
1710 Denison Ave
Kansas State University
Manhattan, Kansas 66506