Materials and information to have prepared to complete a transfer application:
- Letter of intent and personal statement for transfer to Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Copies of transcripts for all of your college and DVM program work (need not be official transcripts).
- Current resume or CV.
- Name and email address for a letter from your current Dean regarding disciplinary and academic standing. The application will send an email to allow the Dean to upload a letter of good standing.
- Name and email address for three letters of reference
- One from a veterinarian.
- One personal reference from a person unrelated to you.
- One from a professor/advisor.
- Application fee of $50.00
Transfer applicants must be currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited DVM program to be considered for transfer.
Transfer applications should be completed by May 1 and December 1 each year for consideration. Applicants can return to the application to add additional transcripts as they become available.
We consider transfer requests after the end of each semester to fill openings for the next semester. We accept transfer students into our preclinical semesters (semesters 2 through 6). Phone and/or Zoom interviews are required of all transfer applicants. Depending on the number of courses completed and our specific openings, admitted applicants may or may not have to repeat some courses