Doughman Professor and Section Head, Small Animal Surgery
DVM, MS, DACVS
- DVM: Oklahoma State University
- Internship: Mississippi State University/Affiliated Veterinary Specialists–Orlando
- Residency: Virginia Tech
- Masters of Science: Virginia Tech
- International Veterinary Study Tours (1st/ 2nd year)
- Topics in Global Veterinary Medicine (2nd/3rd year)
- Clinical Small Animal Orthopedic Surgery (4th year)
- Advanced Topics in Small Animal Surgery (graduate)
- Veterinary Surgery I (3rd year)
- Musculoskeletal system in dogs
Dr. Renberg has experience evaluating experimental models of OA development as well as the diagnosis of early hip dysplasia. Additionally, Dr. Renberg has been involved in several studies evaluating treatments for arthritis and control of pain. These studies have led to experience using force plate evaluations. Dr. Renberg has mentored House Officers in projects involving biomechanics and fracture healing.
Dr. Renberg serves as the Director of International Programs for the College of Veterinary Medicine. He advises the International Veterinary Student Association chapter here and has published articles on international veterinary medicine. Additionally, Dr. Renberg works extensively with Christian Veterinary Mission and has experience with development work in many countries.