Assistant Professor, Radiology
- BSc (Microbiology and Plant Pathology)
- MMedVet (Diagnostic Imaging)
- Dip ECVDI
- CS 715: Radiology (2nd year)
- CS 101: Clinical Radiology (4th year)
- AP 780: Veterinary neuroscience (1st and 2nd year)
- AP 780: 3D Imaging Anatomy of the dog (1st and 2nd year)
- CT angiography and the comparison of bolus tracking and test bolus techniques when evaluating the thorax.
- CT perfusion dynamics of tumors
- The use of cross sectional imaging and 3D printing to facilitate student understanding of musculoskeletal radiology.
- Whilst Dr. Cassel enjoys all imaging modalities she gets particularly excited if that imaging modality is of the musculoskeletal system,
- She enjoys mentoring both veterinary students as well as interns and residents in the field of radiology and aims to instill a sense of passion and enjoyment for the art of diagnostic imaging.
- Elliott CR, Cassel N, Chronic lung lobe torsion in a Pug, Vet Record Case Reports,
- Le Roux C, Cassel N, Fosgate GT, Zwingenberger AL, Kirberger RM. Computed tomographic findings of pulmonary atelectasis in healthy anaesthetized beagles. American Journal of Veterinary Research. 2016;77:1082-1092
- Vrdoljak KJ, Cassel N, Dvir E. Oesophagogastric intussusception associated with spirocercosis in a dog. Journal of the South African Veterinary Association. 2014: 85(1).
- Kirberger RM, Cassel N, Stander N, Dvir E. Triple phase dynamic computed tomographic perfusion characteristics of spirocercosis induced esophageal nodules in non-neoplastic versus neoplastic canine cases. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound 2014: 56(3)
- Tordiffe ASW, Cassel N, Lane EP, Reyers F. Multiple myeloma in a captive lion (Panther leo). JSAVA Vol 84, 1 (2013). Doi 10.4102/jsava.v84i1.949
- Kirberger RM, Stander N, Cassel N, Pazzi P, Mukorera V, Christie J, Carstens A, Dvir E. Computed tomography and radiographic characteristics of Aortic lesions in 42 dogs with Spirocercosis. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. 2013:54;212-222
- Kirberger RM, Cassel N, Carstens A, Goddard A. The effects of repeated intravenous Iohexol administration in renal function in healthy beagles – a preliminary report. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica. 2012;54:47
- Cassel N, Carstens A, Becker P. The comparison of bolus tracking and test bolus techniques for computed tomography angiography in healthy beagles. JSAVA Vol 84, 1(2013). Doi 10.4102/jsava.v84i1.930
- Lindsay N**, Kirberger RM, Williams M. Spinal cord chondrosarcoma associated with spirocercosis in a dog. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. 51;6:614-616 (** = maiden name)
Book Chapters Published
Stander N and Cassel N. Long Bone – Juvenile. In BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Musculoskeletal Imaging (second edition), 2016. BSAVA.