Veterinary students who are interested in participating in this mentored summer research program are encouraged to apply. This program is competitive, and to be eligible for consideration, students must:
- Have completed at least 1 year of the DVM curriculum at Kansas State University or another College of Veterinary Medicine
- Be in the top of their class academically
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in exploring and learning about research techniques and opportunities
- Provide excellent letters of recommendations
How to get started...
- Come to our luncheon in October to learn about the program in general.
- Think about your interests, what types of research interest you, what questions you might have?
- View the faculty mentor and research interest page to see the various types of research being done at KSU.
- Contact possible mentors in your area of interest and meet to determine if you are a good match and to discuss possible project ideas.
- Come to our luncheon in January to “meet and greet” with many mentors and learn about their research and labs.
- View the application to see what is required.