How to Apply
We encourage you to apply for the Veterinary Scholars Program!
There will be an informational lunch meeting on October 16th 2019, in N202 Mosier Hall to provide more information about the program. We will also have a meet-and-greet on Jan 22 2020 to help introduce potential scholars to our experienced faculty mentors. A list of our eligible Faculty Mentors and their research interests is available for you to review.
The application will ask you:
- why are you interested in joining the Veterinary Research Scholars Program and what you hope to gain from the experience? How will this program and experience enhance your career?
- to identify a hypothesis-driven research question that you would like to explore and to describe your interest in this particular area of research. You can discuss these ideas with potential mentors prior to submitting the application.
- for you to choose 3 mentors that you would like to work with during the VRSP, and to rank them in order of your preference. These selections should be based on both your research topics of interest as well as compatibility with that research mentor upon meeting them. If you are chosen as a scholar, we will do our best to pair you with one of your chosen mentors.
- to provide your academic information (undergraduate and veterinary)
- to provide an updated resume or curriculum vitae
- to provide information about any research experience you already have
- to ask two professional mentors to write letters of reference on your behalf and send them to Dr. KuKanich; these should be professionals who know you well and can attest that you are of good character, will work hard, and have genuine interest in research
- to attach your undergraduate and veterinary transcripts (unofficial transcripts are fine)