Center for Outcomes Research and Epidemiology
309 Coles Hall
1620 Denison Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66506
The Center for Outcomes Research and Epidemiology (CORE) at Kansas State University is an interdisciplinary research and training center focused on the application of outcomes research and epidemiology for the benefit of animal and human populations.
Our collaborative team excels in population-based and quantitative approaches that enable us to provide decision-makers with valid information based on sound science and data. Our research and training programs capitalize on our expertise in epidemiology, economics, research design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation, veterinary medicine, animal agriculture, and population health management. We promote excellence in experimental, observational, and research synthesis methods, and strive to enable evidence-based and data-driven decisions.
We provide leadership, collaboration, training and services on a variety of initiatives with internal and external partners from government, industry and academic sectors.
We provide expertise in multiple areas, including:
- Statistical analysis and reporting of observational and experimental data
- Risk assessment and infectious disease modeling
- Economic and value-based analyses
- Comparative clinical and cost effectiveness of interventions
- Systematic reviews +/- meta-analysis
- Design and implementation of population-based research
- Management and coordination of data collection
- Other applied research and modeling approaches
We also deliver a variety of education and training opportunities, including:
- Formal academic degree, certificate, and fellowship programs
- Customized continuing education opportunities for external partners
- Short-courses delivered online, off-site, or on campus
- Presentations, workshops, and other training to small or large groups
Recent CORE initiatives developed in collaboration with various industry, government and academic partners:
- Assessing the Economics Associated with Clinical Trial Results
- Sustainability in Beef Production Systems: impacts of cattle health, associated production efficiency, and the use of technologies
- Consulting and Service on the Design and Analysis of Companion Animal Hospital Studies
- Systematic and Scoping Reviews to Gather and Summarize Literature on Specific Topics
- Kansas State University Leadership in Cattle Feeding Sustainability
- Auction Market Data Analysis - assessing the value of health and management programs on calf and feeder cattle sales
- Clinical Relevance and Limitations of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing of Bacteria Associated with Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) Isolated from the Upper Respiratory Tract of Commercial Feedlot Cattle Receiving Antimicrobials for Control and Treatment of BRD
- Risk Management Strategies to Reduce the Impacts of Bovine Respiratory Disease Complex in Commercial Feeder Cattle
- Quantifying How Whole-Dairy Application of a Pre-Harvest Fermentation Product Reduces Salmonella in Lymph Nodes
- Quantitative Risk of FMD Transmission Between Cattle Operations and Through Auction Markets During an FMD Outbreak
- Evaluating Cattle Traceability Effects in the Control of Foot-and-Mouth Disease in the U.S.
- Simulation Modeling of Foot-and-mouth Disease Outbreaks in Livestock in the U.S. and Assessment of Interventions Using Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis and Game Theory
- Evaluate the Risk of Introduction and Transmission of the Japanese Encephalitis Virus in the United States, with an Emphasis on the Role of Pigs
- Explore the Anti-viral Properties of Sorghum Polyphenols and Other Natural Products