The Society of Phi Zeta Sigma Chapter
Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine
Abstracts and Presentations
Call for Abstracts for KSU CVM Phi Zeta Research Day, March 26, 2019
Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019
Instructors, post-graduate and graduate students, house officers, and veterinary students are invited to submit abstracts for poster and/or oral presentations to be given on Phi Zeta Research Day.
- Please click here for the required submission form
- Abstracts should be 250 words or less in length
- Indicate your submission’s category (basic sciences - defined as fundamental research to enhance our understanding of nature and the behavior of living systems, clinical/applied sciences - defined as practical research investigating interventions to improve natural phenomena and the behavior of living systems, or case report/case series)
- For research abstracts please include the following sections; Introduction or Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion(s)
- For case reports/case series please include the following sections; Introduction or Background, Case Description, Discussion, +/- Conclusion(s)
- A panel of reviewers will determine which submissions will be for oral presentation, and the remainder will be asked to present a poster. If you wish to present a poster and not be considered for oral presentation, please indicate that on the abstract form.
- All abstract submissions should use the Abstract Template format and be submitted as a Microsoft Word document to 2019 Phi Zeta Research Day Abstract Submission.
Poster presentation guidelines:
- Poster Size: Please check with your mentor regarding poster size as posters that go to a national meeting will have to be a specific size, otherwise posters tend to be 3' x 4' (36” x 48”). If going oversees the dimensions will often be vertical instead of horizontal
- Posters can be printed with the Veterinary Medical Library's Print Graphic Services. Contact Susie Larson at 785-532-4025 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mara Conference Center, 4th Floor, Trotter Hall, will be open from 9:00am on the day for set-up
- Table tents and thumbtacks will be provided
- The Poster Session question and answer time for judging will be from 2:30-3:30pm
- Posers must be removed from the Mara Conference Center by 5:30pm
Oral presentation guidelines:
- Arrive at 1:00pm to your designated room to upload your presentation
- No specific format required
- 12 minute presentation time limit
- 3 minutes allowed for questions and answers
Please contact Dee Roblyer at email@example.com with questions and/or concerns.