The Society of Phi Zeta Sigma Chapter
Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine
Abstracts and Presentations
2021 Phi Zeta Research Day
March 2, 2021 – College of Veterinary Medicine
Phi Zeta Research Day is a fantastic opportunity to showcase the research being conducted here at K-State's College of Veterinary Medicine. We invite instructors, post-graduate and graduate students, house officers, residents, veterinary students and undergraduate students (presenters do not have to be an inducted member of Phi Zeta to participate) to submit abstracts for poster OR oral presentations to be given on Phi Zeta Research Day. All abstract submissions should use the Abstract Template (attached) format and be submitted as a Microsoft Word document to 2021 Phi Zeta Research Day Abstract Submission.
- Abstract proposals due: January 20, 2021 at 11:59pm CST (Central Standard Time).
- Notifications: February 5, 2020
Presentations may focus on Basic Science; Clinical/Applied Science; or Case Report/Case Series
- Basic Science – defined as fundamental research to enhance our understanding of nature and the behavior of living systems
- Clinical/Applied Science – defined as practical research investigating interventions to improve natural phenomena and the behavior of living systems
- Case Report/Case Series
POSTER PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Poster Size: The supplied poster boards can accommodate posters 48 inches wide by 36 inches deep.
- Poster PDFs need to be sent to Ms. Gail Eyestone (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 22, 2020.
- Posters can be printed with the Veterinary Medical Library's Print Graphic Services. Contact Susie Larson at 785-532-4025 or email@example.com. The cost of poster printing is the responsibility of the presenter or presenter’s mentor.
- Rooms for poster display will be open from 9:00am on the day for set-up
- Table tents and thumbtacks will be provided
- The Poster Session question and answer time for judging will be announced soon.
- Posters must be removed from the rooms by 5:30pm
- Please give 24-48 hours advance notice if you are unable to present due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Arrive at 1:00pm to your designated room to upload your presentation
- No specific format required.
- 12-minute presentation time limit; 3 minutes allowed for questions and answers.
- Please give 24-48 hours advance notice if you are unable to attend/present due to unforeseen circumstances.
ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION NOTES:
The selection committee reserves the right to propose alternative presentation formats as the scope of the final programs requires.
For further information visit: https://www.vet.k-state.edu/education/students/organizations/phi-zeta-sigma/index.html
PHI ZETA OFFICERS:
Dr. Natalia Cernicchiaro | President | College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jessica Meekens || President-Elect | College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, email@example.com
Dr. Sarah Schneider | Secretary/Treasurer | College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abby Ostronic (2021) | Vice-President | College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, email@example.com