Pet Health Center
- Bachelor of Science: Northwest Missouri State University
- DVM: Iowa State University
- MPH: Kansas State University
- Clinical Small Animal General Medicine (4th year)
- Clinical Small Animal Surgery (Dentistry) (4th year)
- Dr. Akers’s research interests include veterinary public health education and veterinary dentistry.
Dr. Akers has clinical interests in small animal medicine and surgery, public health, and zoonoses, as well as sharing her experiences and knowledge in all of these areas with students.