Applying for Admission
K-State applications are available June 1 to October 1.
A complete K-State application consists of:
1. Completed VMCAS online application
- Due by 1 p.m. Eastern Time October 2
- When completing the VMCAS application you will be required to submit three evaluations. These evaluations must be from a veterinarian, your advisor or a professor, and from another person who is not related to you.
2. K-State Supplemental Application Packet, which includes:
Completed K-State Supplemental Application (pdf)
(Available June 1 - October 1)
Transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended in sealed envelopes. It is acceptable for your official transcripts to be marked “issued to student” as long as they are received in a sealed university envelope.
Non-refundable $50 USD application processing fee made payable to College of Veterinary Medicine. International applicants must submit a $50 USD cashiers check or money order.
Photocopy of GRE score report AND official GRE scores must be sent from ETS to institutional code 6334 and departmental code 0617.
We will accept GRE scores from both the old GRE test (taken before Aug 1, 2011) and the new revised GRE test (taken after Aug 1, 2011). GRE scores must be submitted with your supplemental application by October 1. We will accept updated scores until December 1.
Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores if ALL of the prerequisite courses for the DVM degree program are completed at Kansas State University. The academic ranking of these applicants is based on the GPA of the prerequisite science courses for the DVM degree program.
Supplemental Application submission
The supplemental material must
- be placed in ONE envelope
- postmarked no later than October 1, and
- mailed to:
Office of the Associate Dean for Admissions
Kansas State University
College of Veterinary Medicine
101 Trotter Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-5601
Incomplete applications will not be considered.