When should I apply?
Apply as early as possible in the semester prior to the proposed admission date.
How do I obtain application materials?
Apply online with the K-State Graduate School.
What will I have to submit?
- a completed application form
- three letters of recommendation which include the Recommendation for Graduate Studies Form
- official transcripts of all previous college work
- a short statement of objectives
What needs to be in the statement of objectives?
- the discipline area you want to study
- faculty you have had prior contact with
- faculty you desire to work with as a graduate student
Do I need to take the GRE?
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for admission, but may be helpful in the evaluation process.
Are there any special requirements for international students?
Yes, international students has additional requirements. See the International Students application information at the K-State Graduate School.
What happens after I send all this in?
When we receive all of the required application documentation, your file will be reviewed by the departmental Graduate Activities Committee. This committee includes graduate faculty members from each of the two discipline areas. If you are deemed acceptable for admission, a graduate faculty member willing to serve as your major professor must be identified prior to forwarding of your credentials to the graduate school.