Our mission is to admit to the program the next generation of veterinarians who will serve our communities here and abroad, with competence and compassion.
The admissions committee is committed to identifying applicants who possess the following characteristics:
- A strong desire to be a veterinarian.
- Personal integrity and high ethical standards.
- A compassion for people and animals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- A commitment to the betterment of humanity and the improvement of one's community, society, and profession.
- Documented evidence of scientific academic pursuit.
- A commitment to lifelong learning.
- An understanding of the impact of the profession at a local, regional, national, and global level, and the role of our profession in the One Health Initiative.
Recognition that the profession serves a diverse population in which diversity is defined in its broadest sense, to include, but not limited to gender, ethnicity, race, religion, creed, and socioeconomic status.