Free Student Liability coverage – Malpractice coverage
- The AVMA Trust pays the cost of this benefit for each SAVMA member in good standing.
- Students MUST actively register for this benefit. There are no benefits without registration.
- Student Liability coverage extends until the day you become a licensed veterinarian, or the end of the policy year, whichever comes first.
$25,000 Complimentary Life Insurance - NO COST!
- The AVMA Trust pays the cost of this benefit for each SAVMA member in good standing. No benefits are payable if membership dues are not up to date.
- No application required; Beneficiary form requested from each SAVMA member.
- Guaranteed issue. No medical questions; no required lab work.
- You will be covered while you are an active, full-time student and member of SAVMA. Coverage ends at graduation.
AVMA VetSTEPP™ - the Veterinary Student Essential Protection Package
- Includes Rabies Prophylaxis Reimbursement Benefit, Disability Income Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Choose Gold, Silver, or Bronze level of protection to fit your needs and budget.
- Optional Student Loan Disability Lump-Sum Benefit; 3 levels of optional benefit as an add-on to the base VetSTEPP™ benefit
- Available to SAVMA members in good standing between ages 18-65; must be a full-time veterinary student
- Cost of coverage varies based on Gold, Silver, Bronze base benefit and Optional Student Loan Disability Lump-Sum Benefit. Age and gender are not considered when determining cost.
- Time Sensitive Open Enrollment (no medical questions or required lab work) for all students.
- For incoming, first-year students, Open Enrollment begins 60 days before the first day of class and ends 45 days after the first day.
- For returning students, Open Enrollment runs from the first day of class through day 45 of the Fall Semester.
- Eligible students can apply for AVMA Vet STEPP™ outside the Open Enrollment Period with a few health questions.
Hospital Indemnity Coverage - $100-$400 per day benefit - Cost varies depending on benefit amount and age.
- Guaranteed issue coverage with no medical questions and no required lab work.
- Cash benefit payable to you during a covered hospitalization
- Cash benefit for up to 3 medically necessary out-patient procedures per year, ER treatment for accident and more
- Maternity/pregnancy benefits included
- Choice of high and low dental plans
- Nationwide network
- Immediate benefits upon policy issuance
- These are the same dental and vision plans offered to professional AVMA members.
Contact your AVMA Trust Campus Representative to find out more about student benefits.
Angie and Kevin Payne, AVMA LIFE Authorized RepresentativesPayne Financial Strategies, Inc. PO Box 636 Lyndon, KS 66451 Call or Text: 785-633-0630
AVMA LIFE Underwritten by New York Life Insurance Co. (NY, NY 10010)www.avmalife.org