A message to our clients regarding COVID-19
Dear Valued Client of the Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University:
As we work to follow the new guidelines set forth by our community officials to help maintain the health and well-being of our community and hospital members during COVID-19, we have made a few updates to our procedures:
- We are now accepting routine appointments. Clients that had appointments that were cancelled are now being contacted for rescheduling purposes.
- We will continue to use the drop-off protocol for appointments.
- Clients will not enter into the facility for patient appointments.
- Clients are required to wear a mask while on university property, which includes the VHC. Our employees, staff and faculty are also required to wear a mask. Please review the new face covering policy from K-State.
- We ask that you bring your animal in at the designated appointment time, complete paperwork and provide the appropriate cell phone number so you can be contacted during the day.
- Please park in client parking and watch for the number on your parking spot. (see photo)
- Call 785-532-5690 to communicate with the desk staff and let them know your parking number. They will confirm your appointment and verify your cell phone number. You will receive a call when the service personnel are ready for you to come to the door.
- You will be met with a staff member who will have you sign the consent form for examination and patient care. You will be contacted by the receiving clinician or veterinary student regarding patient care plans.
We will examine your patient and provide requested services. When services are completed, we will contact you to return for your patient and the clinician will communicate discharge instructions with you at that time.
At the time of patient discharge we will work to have patients leave the VHC in an efficient manner. In order to accomplish this task, discharge instructions will be sent by email within 48 hours of departure from the VHC.
Our desk personnel will work to complete all business transactions at the time services are completed. In the event that we have a busy discharge desk area, we will send a bill for services rendered. This is in an effort to reduce congregation of people in the discharge area.
We will continue to screen clients for COVID-19 using the questions below to determine the receiving process:
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the previous 14 days to an international location?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled to a location designated by KDHE to require a quarantine?
- Have you been ill with fever, chills, cough, body aches in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in your household been sick in the past 14 days?
As a reminder, when visiting the Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University, we ask that you please follow the CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- We are implementing social distancing with avoidance of hand shaking or direct contact with others.
- We recommend that you clean your hands frequently.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after being in a public place or coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaced of your hands and rub until your hands are dry.
- Avoid ever touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
If you are sick with a fever and signs of respiratory illness such as cough or respiratory difficulty and your pet needs medical attention:
- It is important that you call the VHC at 785-532-5690 or 785-532-4100 (after hours) so we can determine if your pet requires care from our service clinicians.
- If you pet requires examination, it is important that a healthy person (no clinical signs of illness) bring the animal to the VHC.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Updated: July 8, 2020