2019 North American PRRS Travel Fellowship Information (Infectious Disease)
The North American PRRS Symposium (NA PRRSS) Travel Fellowships:
Applications are now being accepted for NA PRRSS Travel Fellowship Awards. The application deadline is July 1, 2019. Awardees will be notified by September 1, 2019.
The NA PRRSS Travel Fellowship Awards are made to students/postdocs working on PRRS emerging pig viruses, or foreign animal diseases of swine.
The NA PRRSS Travel Fellowship Awards are separate from those available through the Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases awards (CRWAD) meeting, November 3-5, 2019 also at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile.
The awarded funds are determined by the NA PRRSS Travel Fellowship Awards Selection Committee and are given in the form of a reimbursement check (or wire transfer for international recipients) for allowable expenses up to the award amount. Please keep all original detailed receipts for expenses submitted for reimbursement.
Allowable expenses (up to the award amount) include:
- NA PRRS Symposium registration
- Round-trip coach class (best available economy class) airfare from the airport nearest your home to Chicago, IL
- If driving to conference, automobile mileage/tolls at the State reimbursement rate
- Up to two night’s stay (discounted conference rate only) at the CONFERENCE hotel
- Local travel expense (taxi, bus, train, etc.) to and from Chicago airport to the conference hotel when flying to Chicago from your home base.**
** For taxi, bus, train transportation a detailed original receipt must be submitted showing the location of departure and arrival, date, cost, etc.
The names of awardees are posted on the NA PRRSS website and published in the printed program and proceedings.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student, or post-doctoral fellow working on PRRS, emerging pig viruses, or foreign animal diseases of swine.
- Be the primary author on an abstract covering original research findings. The research described in the abstract must be presented as a poster during the NA-PRRSS/NC229 Poster Session/Reception, Saturday, November 2. Awardee must be present at the poster during the poster session.
- Attend all meeting sessions
APPLICATION MATERIALS/SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Send application materials via email to Dr. Bob Rowland at NAPRRS@vet.k-state.edu.
The application packet must include:
A single PDF file of three application documents:
- A maximum three page curriculum vitae with your contact information (email, phone number, mailing address)
- A maximum one page description of research interests including short and long term career goals
- A copy of the abstract to be presented the NA-PRRS Symposium
Please contact Francine Rowland, NA PRRSS Proceedings Editor and Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.