Ryane E Englar
Clinical Assistant Professor / Clinical Education Coordinator, Clinical Skills
- Bachelor of Science: Cornell University
- DVM: Cornell University
- Diplomate: American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (Canine and Feline Practice)
- Clinical Skills DVM 710 and DVM 711 (1st year)
- Clinical Skills DVM 412 and DVM 713 (2nd year)
- Applicability of Calgary-Cambridge communication skills to companion animal, equine, production animal, and exotic animal-owning veterinary clients.
- Communication challenges faced by the veterinary team and how best to navigate these in order to provide high quality, relationship-centered patient care.
- Use of standardized client encounters to teach the core competency of clinical communication in the veterinary curriculum.
- Development of low-acuity teaching tools to provide pre-clinical students with practical, hands-on opportunities to master key clinical skills such as the canine and feline physical examination.
- Dr. Englar has clinical interests in feline medicine, particularly concerning how to navigate discussions about chronic disease, pain management, palliative care, and end-of-life.
Englar RE. Writing Skills for Veterinarians. 5m Publishing: February 2019; 1st edition, 261 pages.
Englar RE. Performing the Small Animal Physical Examination. Wiley-Blackwell: August 2017; 1st edition, 456 pages.