Research Assistant Professor
PhD, Comparative Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, USA, 2004
MSc (Hons.), Vet. Pharmacology, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan, 1997
DVM, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan, 1995
Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship (QSAR) analysis of different xenobiotics such as drugs, heavy metals, pesticides and hydrocarbons in different occupational scenarios for residue predictions in risk assessment. Dermal absorption kinetics and irritation studies of toxicants in invitro and invivo models to screen the chemicals for their safety. Pharmacokinetics of drugs and health protective effects of plant extracts against induced toxicological insults in animal models. Future research interests are population pharmacokinetics, PK-PD modeling and tissue distribution studies of xenobiotics/nanoparticles using invitro and invivo perfused tissues. I am interested in understanding the interactions of nanoparticles with protein corona in bio systems.
1) Muhammad, F., Awais, M,M., Akhtar, M., Anwar, M.I. (2013). Quantitative Structure activity relationship and risk analysis of some pesticides in the goat milk. Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Sciences and Engineering. 10:4, 1-5.
2) I. Javed, B. Aslam, F. Muhammad, M. Z. Khan, Z. U. Rahman, M. Ahmed, T. Khaliq and M. K. Saleemi, (2013). Heavy metal residues in goat meat during winter and summer seasons. Indo-American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 3(12):1501-1508.
3) Waheed, M., Muhammad, F., Javed, I., Akhtar, M., Saleemi, M.K. , Khaliq, T., Awais, M.M., and Anwar, M.A. (2013). Dermato-protective effects of some plant extracts (genus Ficus) against experimentally induced toxicological insults in rabbits. Toxicology and Industrial Health. DOI: 10.1177/0748233713483190, first published on April 15, 2013.
4) N. Hashmi, F. Muhammad, I. Javed, J. A. Khan, M. Z. Khan, T. Khaliq and B. Aslam, (2013). Nephroprotective Effects of Ficus religiosa Linn (Peepal Plant) Stem Bark against Isoniazid and Rifampicin Induced nephrotoxicity in Albino Rabbits. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 33 (3): 330-334.
5) Muhammad, F., and Riviere, J.E. (2012). Dermal Toxicity. In: Veterinary Toxicology: Basic and Clinical Principles, editor, Remesh Gupta. Elsevier Inc., Oxford: Academic Press, pages 337-350.
6) Muhammad, F., Javed, I., Akhtar, M., Rahman, Z.A., Awais, M.M., Saleemi, M.K., and Anwar, M.I. (2012). Quantitative Structure activity relationship and risk analysis of some pesticides in the milk of cattle in Faisalabad-Pakistan. Pakistan Vet. J, 32(4):589-592.
7) Hussain, R., Mahmood, F., Khan, M.Z., Khan, A., Muhammad, F. (2011). Pathological and genotoxic effects of atrazine in male Japanese quail (Coturnix japonica). Ecotoxicology, 20: 1-8.
8) Shahzadi, A., I. Javed, B. Aslam, F. Muhammad, M.R. Asi, M. Y. Ashraf, Z. U. Rehman, and M.Z. Khan. (2011). Therapeutic effect of ciprofloxacin on the pharmacokinetics of carbamazepine in healthy male volunteers. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 24: 63-68.