1. K-State home
  2. »College of Veterinary Medicine
  3. »Academics
  4. »Student-Faculty Handbook
  5. »Policies
  6. »Personal Health/Accident Insurance

College of Veterinary Medicine

Personal Health/Accident Insurance

In the unlikely event that a student in the College of Veterinary Medicine is injured while performing his/her duties and requires medical treatment, the student is required to have his/her own health/accident insurance. The College of Veterinary Medicine provides no medical or accidental insurance for students.

Kansas Board of Regents Statewide Student Health Insurance Plan

  • Plan 02 for veterinary students
  • To review the plan, go to uhcsr.com/k-state and click on the Health Science Students plans. The informational brochure, including premium costs, is also attached here.
  • To enroll in the plan, you will need to access the K-State Health Science Student insurance online enrollment form.  Open Enrollment Periods:  Fall – August; Spring – January;  Summer – May/June.  The student's eligibility for the plan will then be verified by the Office of Academic Programs and Student Affairs. If verified, UHCSR will email the student with a premium payment link. Insurance is activated only when the premium payment has been received by UHCSR. The payment link will have an expiration date -- please submit payment as soon as possible after enrolling.  For enrollment outside of the designated Open enrollment periods, please contact United HealthCare Student Resources: https://www.uhcsr.com/contact-us

AVMA Insurance Products for Veterinary Students