Raelene M. Wouda
Associate Professor, Oncology
BVSc (Hons), DACVIM (Oncology), MANZCVS (SAIM)
- Bachelor of Arts: The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- BVSc: The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- Internship: Queensland Veterinary Specialists, Brisbane, Australia
- Residency (Small Animal Medicine): Veterinary Specialist Services, Brisbane, Australia
- Fellowship (Transfusion Medicine): University of Pennsylvania
- Residency (Oncology): University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Medicine II (3rd year)
- Clinical Oncology (4th year)
- Clinical Skills (3rd year)
- In addition to her clinical and teaching responsibilities, Dr. Wouda is actively involved in pilot, phase I, II and III clinical trials. Her research interests include the utilization of new and existing chemotherapeutic agents in innovative roles and combinations, novel immunotherapeutic approaches, individualized and intensified therapeutic protocols, the development of personalized diagnostics and therapeutic plans, and chemotherapeutic drug resistance.
- Dr. Wouda’s absolute passion is the care of her current and future cancer patients and their families. Dr. Wouda endeavors to provide the very best oncologic counsel, explaining in detail the unique aspects of each patient’s particular disease, the most appropriate diagnostic and staging tests in each case, as well as the various treatment options available, which might include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or a multidisciplinary approach. Dr. Wouda’s diverse and extensive experience, encompassing not only oncology, but also internal medicine, hematology and transfusion medicine, enables her to provide the most complete case management, whilst emphasizing her patient’s quality of life and their time spent with family.
“The best interest of the patient is the only interest to be considered...”
(William J. Mayo, MD – Founder of the Mayo Clinic)