Guide for Authors
OHNL will accept letters to the editors, reviews, reports or communications, book reviews, minutes from conferences or meetings. We also welcome original narrative pieces (e.g. essays, poems, drawings) which highlight One Health topics.
Manuscripts are directly submitted to the OHNL Editorial Board for review and editing. Editorial Board, and experts when needed, will work with authors through the editorial process.
MS Word file with a limit of 1,000 words. Use Times Roman 12-point type, 81⁄2×11-page setting, 1-inch margin, double spacing, and English language.
Figures and Photographs (.tiff or .jpeg only), Tables (MS Word only)
- Each article should include at least two (2) accompanying documents (e.g. tables, figures, photographs)
- Figures and photographs are submitted as a separate file.
- Table appears in the manuscript text.
- All have a title, legend, and caption when needed.
- Table(s) or figure(s) specific location in the text should be indicated as (Figure 1) or (Table 1).
References and Style
Each article will include a maximum of five references. The in-text citations, reference list, and style should follow American Psychological Association (APA) format.
- Authors take full responsibility for the content of their articles.
- All external sources (text, illustration) need to be clearly cited and confirm appropriate copyright permission when needed.
- Open source graphics are accepted.
- Authors understand and give permission that the OHNL may use the content, photographs, tables or figures as promotional materials with credit to the author.