Potential foreign body ingestion (Dress sock)
- Owner found the dog chewing on one sock, and was unable to locate the matching sock.
- The dog has a history of chewing on and ingesting socks.
- Successful exploratory celiotomy and enterotomy performed 6 weeks prior to this visit to remove an ingested sock
- Temperature: 101.4°
- Pulse: 100
- Heart rate: 100
- Respirations: Panting
- Temperament: Bright, Alert, Responsive
- Complete blood count and serum chemistry
- Slight monocytosis, eosinophilia, hypoproteinemia, hyperphosphatemia, and elevated alkaline phosphatase
- Abdominal radiographs
Figure 1 - Right Lateral
Figure 2 - Ventrodorsal
Figure 3 - Left Lateral