Fell off of moving tractor yesterday.
Having difficulty eating and drinking.
- Owner bought from a breeder in Texas about 1 year ago
- 1 year history of watery stools
- Progressively getting weaker and weight loss over the past 6 months
- Increased lethargy over past 4 days
- Seeds in stool
- Temperature: 98.7 F
- Pulse: 100 bpm
- Respiration: panting with increased effort.
- MM: pale pink and tacky.
- CRT: < 2 seconds.
- Decreased lung sounds most apparent cranioventrally on right side.
- Painful on abdominal palpation.
- Submandibular lymph nodes enlarged bilaterally.
- Limping on both left forelimb and hind limb.
Complete blood count.
Serum chemistry analysis.
CBC and Biochemical Abnormalities
Elevated ALT with differentials including hepatocyte damage and skeletal muscle damge and elevated CK due to skeletal muscle damage, all resulting from traumatic incident of falling off tractor.
Leukocytosis with a mature neutrophilia with the primary differential being that of a substantial acute inflammation of internal tissues such as the pleural cavity and liver.
Decreased total protein and albumin with differentials including hemodilution from increased extracellular fluid volume due to intravenous fluid administration or increased protein loss from vascular space due to hemorrhage.
Decreased platelets with differentials including blood loss with extracellular fluid volume replacement or hemodilution.