- Weak and painful in rear limbs for 3-4 weeks. Right rear limb swelling for one week.
- Right rear limb injury 6 months previously. Pet has been lame in the limb after exercise since the injury.
- Currently, the pet has displayed a decrease in appetite and diarrhea.
- She dribbles urine.
- Thin: BCS 1.5/5.
- Rectal temperature = 102.80 F, heart rate = 160 bpm, respiratory rate = panting.
- Weak in rear limbs.
- Firm mass in right cranial mammary gland.
- Inguinal lymphadenopathy.
- Right-sided heart murmur.
- Serum chemistry panel
- Thoracic and abdominal radiographs
CBC and Biochemical Abnormalities
- Thrombocytosis: 560,000/uL (200,000 – 500,000)
- Lymphopenia: 370/uL (1,500 – 5,000)
- Elevated fibrinogen: 600 mg/dL (200-400)
- Elevated CK: 488 U/L (58-241)
Figure 1: Abdomen: cranial lateral view.
Figure 2: Abdomen: caudal lateral view.