- Gradual weight loss and intermittent vomiting over several months. Previously diagnosed hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Pale mucous membranes, grade IV/VI holosystolic heart murmur, HR = 186bpm, BP = 120mm Hg, palpable abdominal mass.
- CBC/Chemistry – HCT=21% (microcytic, hypochromic)
- FELV/FIV test – negative
- T4, T3 and FT4D – within normal limits
- Occult heartworm antigen test – negative
- Thoracic radiographs & echocardiogram – no abnormalities noted on radiographs/ echo showed a thickened left ventricular free wall and ventricular septum, moderate left atrial enlargement
- Abdominal radiographs – What are your radiographic findings and impressions?
Figure 1: Ventrodorsal View
Figure 2: Right Lateral View