Production Medicine, Livestock Services
To support the beef industry through educational efforts for veterinary students, graduate students, and practitioners, research relevant to current problems in the industry, and service to practicing veterinarians.
The Production Medicine, Livestock Service operates within the K-State Veterinary Health Center (VHC), a fully-staffed 24-hour clinical veterinary hospital that provides state-of-the-art veterinary care for all types of animals.
Articles of interest
- BRD Treatment Economics Calculator - Full
- BRD Treatment Options Calculator - Simple
- Calculating trace mineral supplements
- Determining replacement rate for cow-calf herds
- Determining value of replacement heifers
- Diagnostic Test Breakeven Calculator
- Evaluating marketing options for cow-calf producers
- Evaluating mineral feed tags for beef cattle
- Evaluation of Buying Feeders
- Evaluation of Buying Stockers
- Evaluation of RO vs Sell at Weaning
- Pregnancy Histograms - 510