Livestock Field Service
The Veterinary Health Center's Livestock Service serves as primary care veterinarians as well as board-certified experts in medicine, surgery and production consultation services. Field service clinicians are available to make farm calls for beef, dairy, swine, sheep, goats, and camelids.
- Preg check (ultrasound available)
- Bull breeding soundness exams (semen checking)
- Routine herd health work (vaccination, castration, etc.)
- Treatment of sick animals
- Ration evaluation
- Herd protocols (synchronization, vaccination, etc.)
- Portable chutes
- 24 hour emergency service
Immediate access to board certified specialists and hospital facility when necessary.
Call the VHC Large Animal desk at 785-532-5700 to schedule an appointment.