Phi Zeta Sigma Chapter
The Society of Phi Zeta Sigma Chapter
Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
KSU-CVM PHI ZETA RESEARCH DAY
MARCH 4, 2014
Dear instructors, graduate students, house officers, residents, and veterinary students:
You are invited to present your research as posters or oral presentations at Phi Zeta Research Day, scheduled for Tuesday, March 4, 2014.
Awards will be presented for:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for best Basic Science Presentation ($150.00, $100.00 & $50.00)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for best Applied or Clinical Science Presentation ($150.00, $100.00, $50.00)
- Best Clinical Case Report, $150.00
- Three Best Posters: $50.00 each
Please format your abstract using these specified guidelines: Confine the abstract to 250 words. Please bold the title and the name of the presenter, and underline the name of the faculty sponsor (or major professor etc.). When submitting your abstract, please specify in your e-mail whether you would prefer an oral format or a poster format or will accept either. Please bear in mind that the number of slots available for oral presentations is limited, but we will make every attempt to accommodate requests for oral presentations. There is no specific format required for the oral presentations, however there is a 12 minute presentation time limit and 3 minutes for Q&A allotted for each presenter.
Case Report Guidelines:
- Original case material, such as unusual disease, unique diagnostic testing or novel management techniques.
- Case reports may be presented by DVM student or VHC House Officer graduate student. DMP Pathology Resident is also eligible to present as well.
- Veterinary Students need to designate a faculty mentor or senior clinician to aid in gathering materials from the medical record and to be listed on the abstract.
To submit, if you do not have a digital copy of the abstract form please request one from Amanda Hedrick at email@example.com.
Please submit completed abstract forms to Amanda Hedrick at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 4, 2014.
We are looking forward to another successful Phi Zeta Research Day in 2014 and want to include your research. So get those abstracts submitted!
Dr. Kate Kukanich, President
Rosemary Bayless, Vice President
Dr. Juergen Richt, Past President
Dr. Melinda Wilkerson, Secretary/Treasurer
Dr. Mary Lynn Higginbotham, President Elect