Graduate Student Association
When should I apply?
Apply as early as possible in the semester prior to the proposed admission date.
How do I obtain application materials?
Application materials can be obtained online at http://www.ksu.edu/grad/application/index.htm
What will I have to submit?
- a completed application form
- three letters of recommendation which include the Recommendation for Graduate Studies Form
- official transcripts of all previous college work
- a short statement of objectives
What needs to be in the statement of objectives?
- the discipline area you want to study
- faculty you have had prior contact with
- faculty you desire to work with as a graduate student
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for admission, but may be helpful in the evaluation process.
Are there any special requirements for international students?
Yes, international students must submit the following
- a TOEFL score of at least 550 paper exam or 213 computer based exam or evidence of a degree from a U.S. university
- a complete Affidavit of Financial Support
- a money order for $55 payable to Kansas State University Graduate School
What happens after I send all this in?
When we receive all of the required application documentation, your file will be reviewed by the departmental Graduate Activities Committee. This committee includes graduate faculty members from each of the two discipline areas. If you are deemed acceptable for admission, a graduate faculty member willing to serve as your major professor must be identified prior to forwarding of your credentials to the graduate school.