K-State Veterinary Research Scholars Program
Interested in exploring state-of-the-art research that fosters improvement of human and animal health?
Curious about career opportunities for veterinarians in research?
Looking for an opportunity to visit other Colleges of Veterinary Medicine?
If so, then consider applying to one of numerous summer research programs offered by veterinary schools across the country.
Information about these programs can be found at the Merial Veterinary Scholars web site: http://www.merialscholars.com/
The National and Canadian Research Opportunities for Veterinary Students web site: http://cvm.msu.edu/research/summer-research-program-1/national-and-canadian-research-opportunities/national-and-canadian-research-opportunities-for-veterinary-students
And the Office of Research Infrastructure Programs (for T35 supported programs) web site: http://dpcpsi.nih.gov/orip/cm/resource_dirtawards.aspx
These programs provide veterinary medical students with opportunities to perform mentored research in a number of exciting scientific disciplines, attend and participate in a national symposium and at the same time be paid a competitive stipend. Program time-lines, locations and research foci vary such that you can surely find a program that fits your goals.
Your Profession needs researchers and last year alone, over 400 veterinary students participated in summer research programs that was capped off by attending the National Merial/NIH Symposium! If you are among this growing cadre of students who want to explore the excitement and personal rewards of research, there is a great resource for you and your peers provided by the colleges of veterinary medicine
Consider a research program this summer – it will be a very rewarding experience!
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Summer Veterinary Research Fellowships
- Merck Veterinary Summer Internships
- Morris Animal Foundation Veterinary Student Scholars (VSS) Program
- Summer Internship and Externship Opportunities for Veterinary Students at NIH
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Medical Research Scholars Program (MRSP) http://www.cc.nih.gov/training/mrsp/index.html ) is a year-long research enrichment program designed to attract creative, research-oriented medical, dental, and veterinary students to the NIH intramural campus in Bethesda, MD. The MRSP is designed for rising fourth-year students (initial clinical rotations completed), but does not exclude other students with strong research interests from applying. Students engage in a mentored basic, clinical, or translational research project that matches their professional interests and research and career goals. The MRSP also provides an academic curriculum with content highlighting the process of discovery, training in clinical protocol development and human subjects research, clinical teaching rounds utilizing the robust pool of patients enrolled in research protocols at the NIH Clinical Center, and academic leadership training.
- University of Georgia – Summer Research Program
University of Illinois – Summer Research Program
- University of Minnesota – Summer Research Program
- Iowa State University - Swine Veterinary Internship Program
- Iowa State University - Clinical Research and Development (R&D) Veterinary Internship Program
- Cornell University - Havemeyer Foundation Equine Research Fellowships
- Michigan State University
- Undergraduate Student Summer Research Program in Biomedical Sciences
- Veterinary Student Summer Research Program in Biomedical Sciences
- Eligibility criteria for National Institutes of Health (NIH) R25-funded programs
- St. George’s University, School of Veterinary Medicine (SGUSVM) is proud to offer the Island Veterinary Scholars Program (IVSP) for veterinary students interested in veterinary research over the summer.