Topic: Scientists – Translational Research
- Developing translational medicine professionals – Petrelli et al. J Transl Med 2016, 14:329.
- Young scientists go for fresh ideas; Nature 2015, Volume 518, page 283.
- The place of implementation science in the translational medicine continuum – Thornicroft et al. Psychological Medicine 2011, 41:2015-2021.
- Translating clinical trials from human to veterinary oncology and back. Furdos et al. J Transl Med 2015, 13:265.
Topic: Approaches to Biomedical Research
- Organ Function
- Tissue Pathology
- Cellular Response
- DNA/RNA/protein alteration
Topic: Laboratory Ethics and Laboratory Relationships
- Martinson BC, Anderson MS, De Vries RG. Scientists behaving badly. Nature. 2005;435:737-738.
- Zhai, H, Zhong, W, Wu, Y. Research, evidence and ethics: new technology or grey medicine. Annals of Translational Medicine. 2015;3(2)15.
Topic: Ethical Use of Animals
- Using Animal Models in Biomedical Research – Chow et al. (2008).
- Why animal research needs to improve – Malcohm Macleod (2011) Nature 466:511.
Topic: Finding a Mentor Research Project
| July 10|
- Case Study: When Collaborators Disagree
- Case Study: Why Can't We all Just Get Along?
| July 17|
Topic: Authorship and Contribution
- Ethical assignment of authorship in scientific publications: issues and guidelines. Feeser et al, Academic Emergency Medicine 2008, 15:963-969
- Authorship Matrix: a rational approach to quantify individual contributions and responsibilities in multi-author scientific articles – Clement (2014) 20:345-361.
| July 24||Faculty: |
Topic: Big Data
- Sharing big biomedical data – Toga and Dinov Journal of Big Data (2015) 2:7.
- What is Data Sharing and Why Should Biomedical Researchers Embrace it? Bobrow (2015) Transplantation, 99(4):654.
| July 31||Poster Presentation on August 1|| Poster Session / Discuss plans for travel to NIH campus, Bethesda, Maryland|