1. K-State home
  2. »College of Veterinary Medicine
  3. »International Programs
  4. »Come to K-State

College of Veterinary Medicine

photo contesttwinningpondicherry

International Programs Office
College of Veterinary Medicine
Kansas State University

1800 Kimball Ave
Suite 180
Manhattan, KS 66502



Potential Students

The CVM welcomes students from other countries who are interested in studying veterinary medicine programs. Please see below for additional information.

Master's and PhD Programs at CVM
DVM Admissions Requirements for International Students:

For additional admissions information, contact Ronnie Elmore

Courses required before enrolling in the DVM degree curriculum:

Required CoursesHours
Expository Writing I and II6
Public Speaking2
Chemistry I and II8
General Organic Chemistry and Laboratory5
General Biochemistry3
Physics I and II8
Principles of Biology or Zoology4
Microbiology (with laboratory)4
Social Sciences and/or humanities12

*Transcripts submitted to World Education Services are accepted.

*All required science courses (chemistry, physics, biology, and genetics) must have been taken within six years of the date of enrollment in the program.

*All pre-professional requirements must be graded.

*Course substitutions must be petitioned in writing to the Admissions Committee through the Office of the Associate Dean for Admissions.

*All courses must be completed through colleges or universities for college credit.

Required Exams:

1. TOEFL score of 100 or higher (if your first language is not English)

2. GRE (Graduate Record Examination): The General Test is required for all students. When taking the exam, use the institutional code 6334 and departmental code 0617.


Below is a list of steps you need to complete to apply for the K-State DVM program as an international student.

1. Complete the VMCAS online application.

  • September 15 deadline
  • When completing the VMCAS application, you need three evaluations: one from a veterinarian, one from your adviser or professor, and one from another person who is not related to you.

2. Send in the K-State Supplemental Application Packet, which includes:

  • A completed K-State Supplemental Application
  • Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended in sealed envelopes. K-State accepts transcripts submitted to the World Education Services for education equivalency evaluations.
  • Non-refundable $50 USD application processing fee sent via cashiers check or money order.
  • Photocopy of GRE score report AND official GRE score must be sent to institutional code 6334 and departmental code 0617.
  • Photocopy of TOEFL test score (if applicable).
  • *Do not staple documents
The supplemental material must
  • Be placed in ONE envelope
  • Be postmarked no later than September 15, and mailed to:

Office of the Associate Dean for Admissions
Kansas State University
College of Veterinary Medicine
101 Trotter Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-5601

*Incomplete applications will not be considered.

Tuition and Financial Assistance:

Financial information and cost of living for Manhattan can be found here. International students pay the "Tuition for Non-resident" rates. 

Visitor Information

When coming to the United States to do veterinary studies or work, specific requirements apply when deciding what type of visa to apply for. Contact KSU's International Student and Scholar Services office with visa questions at +1 785-532-6448 or isss@ksu.edu. 

Travel Information

Flying to Manhattan Regional Airport (MHK):

This airport is located only 7 miles from the KSU campus. Upon arrival, you can call a car to bring you into town. Uber is also available in Manhattan.

Flying to Kansas City International Airport (MCI):

The Kansas City International Airport is approximately 130 miles from Manhattan. If arriving in Kansas City, you will need to take a shuttle bus (RoadrunnerQuicksilver) to Manhattan. All reservations should be made in advance.


Getting around Manhattan can be done through the ATA Bus system, by cab, Uber or bicycle. Visitors renting or purchasing a car will need to check if their license is valid in Kansas. An international drivers permit may be required.


This is recommended for anyone traveling in the United States to help cover medical expenses and other unexpected trip interruptions.


Long-term accommodation options can be found here.

Short-term accommodations (people staying less than 30 days) can be found at various hotels in Manhattan or on AirBnB.com.