Lei Wang, PhD
Manager, Education Programs
PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Los Angeles
Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University
209 Coles Hall
Phone (785) 532-7778
- Wang, L. (Chief Editor), Wang, M. (Associate Editor) and Shi, J. (Associate Editor) (Eds.), 2017. Towards One Health – The U.S.-China Joint DVM Program. Beijing: China Agricultural Press. (This book has been collected by the National Library of China)
- Li, Y., L. Wang*, L. Pappan, A. Beckly, and J. Shi*. 2012. IL-1β promotes stemness and invasiveness of colon cancer cells through Zeb1 activation§. Molecular Cancer 11:87. (*Co-corresponding authors; §Highly Accessed).
- Wang, L., Z. Liu, Y., Li, L. Pappan, A. Beckly, and J. Shi. 2012. IL-1β promotes the development of intestinal epithelial stem cells. Inflammation Research. 61:1085-1092.
- Wang, L.,* Z. Liu, S. Balivada, T. Shrestha, S. Bossmann, M. Pyle, L. Pappan, J. Shi*, and D. Troyer (2012) IL-1β and TGF-β cooperate to induce neurosphere formation and increase tumorigenicity of adherent LN-229 glioma cells . Stem Cell Research & Therapy. 3(1):5. (*Co-corresponding authors)
- Wang, L.,* J. Shi, F.W. van Ginkel, L. Lan, G. Niemeyer, D.R. Martin, E.Y. Snyder, and N.R. Cox*. (2009) Neural Stem/Progenitor Cells Modulate Immune Responses by Suppressing T Lymphocytes with Nitric Oxide and Prostaglandin E2. Experimental Neurology 216:177-183. (*Co-corresponding authors)
- Wang, L., D.R. Martin, H.J. Baker, K.R. Zinn, J.C. Kappes, H. Ding, A. S. Gentry, S. Harper, E.Y. Snyder, and N.R. Cox(2007)Neural progenitor cell transplantation and imaging in a large animal model. Neuroscience Research 59:327-340.
- Shi, J., S. Aono, W. Lu, A.J. Ouellette, X. Hu, Y. Ji, L. Wang, S. Lenz, F.W. van Ginkel, M. Liles, C. Dykstra, E.E. Morrison, and C.O. Elson. (2007) A novel role for defensins in intestinal homeostasis: regulation of IL-1beta secretion. The Journal of Immunology179:1245-1253.
- Wang, L., S.S. Watowich, and B.G. Forget (2005) Cytokine signals through Stat3 promote expression of secondary granule proteins in 32D Cells. Experimental Hematology 33:308-317.
- Wang, L., and J.D. Gralla. (2001) Roles for the C-terminal region of 54 in transcriptional silencing and DNA-binding. Journal of Biological Chemistry 276:8979-8986.
- Wang, L., Y. Guo, and J.D. Gralla. (1999). Regulation of 54-dependent transcription by core promoter sequences: role of -12-region nucleotides. Journal of Bacteriology 181: 7558-7565.
- Guo, Y., L. Wang, and J.D. Gralla. (1999). A fork junction DNA-protein switch that controls promoter melting by the bacterial enhancer-dependent sigma factor. EMBOJournal 18:3736-3745.
- Wang, L., and Jay D. Gralla. (1998). Multiple in vivo roles of the -12-region elements of 54 promoters. Journal of Bacteriology 180:5626-5631.