Rules and Regulations
These are rules, requirements, and policies that have been voted on by members of the SCAVMA Executive Board. All policies are subject to change at any time by vote of the Executive Board.
- All new policies must be presented at SCAVMA Executive Board Meetings. A motion must be made by an Exec Board member, the motion must be seconded, there must be an opportunity for discussion, and a vote must be taken, with majority rule. The President will only vote in the event of a tie.
- All students will be responsible for the $47 annual membership which includes national SAVMA membership. Membership fee will increase to $52 on October 1.
- Each specialty club that is recognized as an official club in good standing by SCAVMA shall receive $250 at the beginning of each school year.
- Club presidents must attend Club Presidents meetings hosted by the SCAVMA Outreach Chair, held during the semester and present the Outreach Chair with an updated budget and membership roster each year.
- Clubs must have 80% of club membership be enrolled as SCAVMA members in order to receive their $250, as determined by a membership roster provided by the club president, which will be cross referenced to SCAVMA membership records by the executive board.
- Clubs must have elected officers and hold regular meetings to be considered a club in good standing.
- Clubs may request additional funds once each semester for educational events and special meetings. Approval of requests will be based on the response to the SCAVMA Additional Funding Request application.
- Clubs must provide evidence that funds are going towards speaker expenses, educational materials.
- All funding requests must be given to the President prior to the following Exec Board meeting, and must be voted on and approved by the Exec Board.