Veterinary Medical Library
Services & Resources
Services are provided for faculty, staff, and students within the College of Veterinary Medicine. Our goal is to provide services that enable people to excel in giving presentations, organizing data, saving time, and ensuring that they can access and use information skills and services to maximize quality and consistency. Some services are also available to community patrons.
The Veterinary Medical Library is located on the 4th floor of Trotter Hall in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University.
- Besides the main book collection, there are also collections in Reserves, Animals in Society, History, Reference, and Special Collections.
- Access to electronics journals changes frequently
- This link provides sites that provide either full-text access or information about access
- Most items are available for check out and may leave the library
- Borrowers must present a KSU ID or other picture ID
- Items can be checked out from 2 hours – 120 days depending on the type of material
- Books and journal articles not available at K-State Libraries can be requested through this service
- Delivery time is 2-5 days for articles and 3-10 days for books
- Many items arrive free, you are contacted before any charges would be assessed
- A number of library services and options are available for CVM faculty
- Library tours are available for all veterinary students
- Assistance is available for searching the online catalog and databases
Library Research Services(non-university)
ID Badges for CVM
- ID Badge services are available Monday-Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Must bring safety compliance form with supervisor's signature (SCF is available on the safety compliance training page)
- Must be accompanied by someone from your department
- There is a $20.00 replacement fee for lost ID Badges
- We offer a variety of electronic equipment that can be checked out to CVM students, staff, and faculty.