Mission, Goals and Values
The mission of Instructional Technology and Design in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University is to provide software training, technology support, design for visual communication, instructional design, and instructional resources supporting the advancement of innovative teaching and learning for student success.
To achieve our mission, Instructional Technology and Design (ITD) will provide programs, services, resources, and support to the K-State College of Veterinary Medicine learning community. ITD pursues the following goals:
- To support innovative classroom teaching and web-supported, web-enhanced, or web-based instruction
- To promote effective use of instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning
- To provide faculty and staff quality media products including instructional videos and medical illustrations
- To provide pedagogical and technological consulting services to the college community in support of teaching and learning excellence
- To foster awareness of opportunities to explore new technology tools and integrate them into teaching and learning
- To pursue and support grant projects or research projects related to instructional technology, online education, or scholarship of teaching and learning
- To disseminate research and best practices in teaching, learning, and technology integration.
As a professional and collaborative team, we share values that guide us to pursue our goals and provide excellent services. We believe in
- student success to guide us in support of faculty, staff, and students
- quality services to make our clients feel welcome and supported
- effective communication to better serve the college community
- strong work ethics to practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology
- lifelong learning to continuously advance our knowledge and skills in technology, teaching, and learning