Professor, Equine Surgery
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of Illinois, College of Agriculture
- D.V.M.: University of Illinois, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Internship: North Carolina State University
- Residency: Peterson and Smith Equine Hospital, Ocala, FL
- Equine Surgery (4th year)
- Supplemental Equine Studies (4th year)
- Clinical Skills (3rd year)
- Junior Surgery II (3rd year)
Dr. Santschi is presently investigating the biomechanical causes of, and treatments for, subchondral bone lucencies of young horses
- Dr. Santschi’s primary interest is in orthopedic diseases of juvenile horses. This includes disorders such as osteochondrosis and subchondral bone cysts, septic arthritis, and angular and flexural limb deformities.
- Other areas of interest include performance horse injury and fracture repair.