Interim Department Head and Professor, Equine Internal Medicine
DVM, PhD, DACVIM
Education and Professional Training
- DVM: University of Florida
- Internship: Kansas State University
- Residency: Kansas State University
- PhD: Kansas State University
- Practical use and interpretation of veterinary literature (1st year)
- Learning curve of equine practice (1-2 year)
- Advanced equine internal medicine elective, course coordinator (2-3rd year)
- Medicine III (3rd year)
- Veterinary Pharmacology (2nd year)
- Clinical Skills, course coordinator (3rd year)
- Equine Medicine & Field Service (4th year)
- Research Methods, course coordinator (Graduate)
- Immunology as it relates to effective vaccine strategies in horses and influences on the immune system.
- Clinical pharmacology involving commonly used drugs in equine case management.
- Evaluation of the pathogenesis of EHV-5 and related disorders: EMPF and lymphoma.
Dr. Davis is an internist with clinical interests involving immunologic, neurologic, respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases affecting horses.