Susan C. Nelson, DVM
Clinical Associate Professor
Pet Health Center
Bachelor of Arts - Biology: Hastings College
DVM: Kansas State University
- Grand Rounds I (1st year)
- Veterinary Ethics and jurisprudence (1st year)
III with Lab (3rd year)
- Clinical Pharmacology (3rd year)
Zoonotic Medicine (3rd year)
Small Animal General Medicine (4th year)
Communication Skills (3rd and 4th year)
Dr. Nelson’s clinical interests are in preventive care, senior wellness and puppy/kitten wellness. Her other interests involve dentistry and feline medicine.
Selected Publications, Presentations,
- Nelson, Susan. First Aid For Animal Responders, 1st Annual KS SART
Training Conference, July 2008
- Nelson, Susan. Disaster Preparation for You Pet, Radius Magazine, Summer 2008
- Nelson, Susan. "Effective Confrontation Skills and Personal Inconsistencies".
International Conference on Communication in Veterinary Medicine,
July 2007, Washington, D.C.
- Nelson, Susan. “Say That Again Please" - Practical communication skills that enhance
history gathering, informed decision-making and client compliance. KSU Annual Conference for Veterinarians, June 2007.
- Nelson, Susan. "Practical Applications of Communication Skills". Informed-Decision
Making, Managing Crisis Situations and Euthanasia. KSU Annual Conference for Veterinarians, June 2007.
- Nelson, Susan. K-State Veterinarian Offers Warm Weather Pet Care Tips. KSU Media Relations. May 15, 2007.
- Nelson, Susan. Keep the Pounds Off Your Pet.,
- Nelson, Susan. New Anti-Obesity Medication available soon for Paunchy Pooch, but
K-State Vet. Says There are Other Ways to Slim Pet., KSU Media Relations. January 18, 2007.
- Nelson, Susan. Bite Prevention Presentation for 2007 World Rabies Day Celebration,
KSU College of Veterinary Medicine, Manhattan, KS.