- Decide which model of iPad you want to purchase. There are currenty 3 different models in 2 different colors with several networking options and storage capacities. Comparison and pricing can be found at http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare.
You can also purchase a variety of accessories if desired.
- Tell your business office what you want. The Union Computer Store is our vendor. If they have your model and/or accessory in stock it will be purchased and picked up within 24 hours. If not, we’ll let you know when it comes in.
- Designate a work computer that will be used to sync and back up your device. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on that computer. If you do not already have an iTunes account, create one and log in. If you'd prefer not to enter any credit card information when creating a new iTunes account, here are the instructions.
- Connect the device to the computer using the supplied USB cable to initialize, upgrade (if necessary), sync, and backup your device.
- Purchase and install any personal apps, games, music, or videos using iTunes or the “App Store” icon on the device. Everything you install will be backed up to your computer each time you re-sync your device.
- If you want to purchase and install business related Apps, let us know which app(s) you want and we will purchase and supply you with a redemption code that can be used at the App Store. Some suggestions:
- Pages (Word) $9.99
- Keynote (Powerpoint) $9.99
- To set up WiFi:
- With the device disconnected from the computer, touch the “Settings” icon on your device to set up wifi.
- Be sure the Wi-Fi switch is ON and select your wifi network. Use the wifi keys for your network when asked for a password.
- To set up EMail:
- With the device disconnected from the computer, touch the “Settings” icon on your device to set up EMail. Under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" choose Add Account, select Exchange, and enter the following information:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Domain – ads.vet.k-state.edu
Username – Your CVM Username
Password – Your CVM password (remember to change this when you change your network password each semester).
Description – Can be left as is.
- If asked, enter the following:
Server – vetcas.vet.k-state.edu
Use SSL – On
S/Mime – Off
-Be sure the switches are ON for the services you want to sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendars)
-Remember to change passwords on all your mobile devices configured for email (phones, tablets, PDAs) whenever you change your CVM password. Failure to do so may result in your CVM account being locked due to multiple invalid login attempts.