Ronette Gehring, BVSc,
MMedVet (Pharm), MRCVS, DACVCP
Associate Professor, Clinical
- BVSc: University of Pretoria (Onderstepoort),
- MMedVet (Pharm): University of Pretoria
- Pharmacology (2nd year)
- Food Animal Medicine (3rd year)
- Clinical Pharmacology (3rd year)
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics (Graduate)
- Advanced Pharmacokinetics (Graduate)
- Introduction to Veterinary Phytotherapy (Elective)
- Transporter-mediated xenobiotic movement across the mammary epithelial barrier and its implications for toxin and drug residues in milk.
- Optimization of antimicrobial dosage regimens to maximize efficacy and minimize resistance development.
The use of physiologically-based pharmacokinetic models to draw together in vivo and in vitro data for the prediction of plasma, tissue and milk drug concentrations.
- Ethnoveterinary and botanical medicine.
Consultation to the pharmaceutical industry and academic partners on
pharmacokinetic study design, data analysis, modeling and interpretation.