David Eshar, DVM, Dipl.ABVP (ECM), Dipl.ECZM (small mammal)
Assistant Professor, Exotics
• Residency: University of Pennsylvania
• Internship: Tufts University
• DVM: Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, Israel
• MA: Hebrew University, Israel
• BA: Hebrew University, Israel
• Zoological Medicine (3rd year)
• Exotic Animal, Wildlife and Zoo Animal Medicine (Clinical Rotations - 4th year)
• Slow release antimicrobial pharmacokinetics in pigeons and ferrets.
• Renal radiology of lemurs, rabbits and ferrets.
• Urine properties of ferrets.
• Sedation protocols in bats.
• Novel Herpes virus in rabbits.
Clinical: Dr. Eshar’s clinical interests include:
Dr. Eshar’s interests revolve around the teaching of veterinary students and training of interns and residents in the medicine, captive management, and diseases of companion exotic animals.