Technical Support Services - 4 Trotter Hall
785-532-4725 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer and Peripheral recommendation and purchasing
- New computer setup, computer relocation
- Computer/peripheral troubleshooting and repair
- Hardware and software installation
- Classroom support
To make a service or support request:
Call the Hotline at 2-4725. For your convenience, this number is manned continuously, whenever possible, from 8:00am to 5:00pm on weekdays. Requests made after 5:00pm and on weekends will be answered first thing on the next business day.
Explain your request or problem. Every effort will be made to solve your problem over the phone. If your problem or request cannot be solved over the phone, the request will be numbered and entered into the support database and assigned to the next available technician. If you prefer a particular technician, you may request them at this time. You may also request that the technician make sure you are present during the visit if you wish.
A technician will be in contact with you as soon as possible. Again, response to non-emergency requests after business hours will occur the morning of the next business day.
To place a computer-related order:
CaTS personnel are available to help you with your computer and related purchases and can work with you to find equipment that will serve your needs. While each department handles purchase requests differently, the following guidelines are offered to help streamline the process for you.
Contact the CaTS Hotline at 2-4725, and indicate that you wish to discuss purchasing options. If a technician is not immediately available, you will be contacted as soon as possible. Be sure to indicate the funding source so that state purchasing guidelines are followed as necessary.
After discussing your needs with you, the CaTS technician can make a recommendation and give you a price quote. You may then fill out the necessary departmental paperwork and forward it to CaTS, Room 4 Trotter Hall for processing. When ordering through CaTS, please try to have all orders signed by the department or unit head, and include the funding account number and a funding source contact person.
CaTS will process the order, receive and verify the shipment, provide any setup or configuration, and deliver your order to your office. Invoices will be sent to CaTS, and forwarded to the appropriate business office.
- Decide which model of iPad you want to purchase. There are a several models in various colors, networking options and storage capacities. Comparison and pricing can be found on the Apple website. You can also purchase a variety of accessories if desired.
- Tell your business office what you want. The Union Computer Store is our vendor. If they have your model and/or accessory in stock it will be purchased and picked up within 24 hours. If not, we’ll let you know when it comes in.
- Designate a work computer that will be used to sync and back up your device. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on that computer. If you do not already have an iTunes account, create one and log in. If you'd prefer not to enter any credit card information when creating a new iTunes account, here are the instructions.
- Connect the device to the computer using the supplied USB cable to initialize, upgrade (if necessary), sync, and backup your device.
- Purchase and install any personal apps, games, music, or videos using iTunes or the "App Store" icon on the device. Everything you install will be backed up to your computer each time you re-sync your device.
- If you want to purchase and install business related Apps, let us know which app(s) you want and we will purchase and supply you with a redemption code that can be used at the App Store. Some suggestions:
- Pages (Word) $9.99
- Keynote (Powerpoint) $9.99
- Numbers (Excel) $9.99
- To set up WiFi:
- With the device disconnected from the computer, touch the “Settings” icon on your device to set up wifi.
- Be sure the Wi-Fi switch is ON and select your wifi network. Use the "KSU Wireless" network and log in with your campus eID and password.
- To set up EMail:
- With the device disconnected from the computer, touch the “Settings” icon on your device to set up EMail. Under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" choose Add Account, select Exchange, and enter the following information:
Email – email@example.com
Domain – For Office 365 - leave blank)
Username – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password – Your CVM password (remember to change this whenever you change your CVM password).
Description – Can be left as is.
- If asked, enter the following:
Server – outlook.office365.com
Use SSL – On
S/Mime – Off
- Be sure the switches are ON for the services you want to sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendars)
- Remember to change passwords on all your mobile devices configured for email (phones, tablets, PDAs) whenever you change your CVM password. Failure to do so may result in your CVM account being locked due to multiple invalid login attempts.
Emergencies after hours:
If you are unable to log into the CVM network, VetStar, or VetView:
Try to connect from another machine or office to help determine if the problem is isolated to your machine or connection, or if it is a system-wide problem.
If the problem seems to be system-wide, please contact one of the following numbers.
If the problem is considered mission-critical, please contact one of the following numbers.
Every effort will be made to rectify the problem as soon as possible.
- Nancy Hawkins - Vetstar Administrator, 785-313-0839
- Eric Herrman - VetView Administrator, 785-313-4031
- Steve Waldron - CVM Network Administrator, 785-313-0233
- DeAnna Jacklovich - Asst. CVM Network Administrator, 785-313-0235