Removing Current Antivirus Software
Trend Micro OfficeScan Installation For KSUCVM Users with other antivirus software
Installing the Trend Micro OfficeScan client for CVM user with antivirus software other than Symantec requires two steps:
- Remove Current Antivirus Software - This step MUST be completed before Trend Micro OfficeScan is installed.
- Install Trend Micro OfficeScan
1. Using Add or Remove Programs to Remove Current Antivirus
- Click Start and then click Control Panel (you may have to point to Settings before clicking Control Panel).
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll down to the antivirus program installed on your computer and then click it to highlight it.
- Click the Remove button and then follow the uninstall instructions on the screen (instructions will vary depending on the antivirus program installed).
- Restart your computer after the antivirus program has been removed.
- Proceed to Installing Trend Micro OfficeScan
2. Installing Trend Micro OfficeScan
- Download CVMOfficeScanClient.msi (191MB). Requires CVM Login for access.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the download.
- Double-click CVMOfficeScanClient.msi.
- The Trend Micro OfficeScan Client InstallShield Wizard will appear...
- Click NEXT to start the installation....
- When the installation completes, click on FINISH.
- You have completed the installation of the Trend Micro OfficeScan client. The Trend Micro OfficeScan client icon will appear on you taskbar.
- If you have any problems, please contact the CaTS hotline at 532-4725.