Employee Termination Timeline for CVM IT Services
For K-State's IT Services Termination timeline, visit the K-State IT site.
Prior to termination, CVM employees should:
- print off and complete the CaTS Checkout form.
- make arrangements to switch to a non-CVM email account.
- copy all files and emails you want to keep to non-CVM portable or cloud storage.
Termination date: Your last day of work at CVM
- CVM employees should have completed the CaTS Checkout form.
- "Current employee" status is removed in HRIS.
- Access to CVM webmail continues for 30 days.
- You should ensure you have all files and email you want to keep saved to non-CVM portable or cloud storage.
- Email forwarding will not be available from this time forward. You should ensure you have switched to a non-CVM email account.
- Access is discontinued to all other CVM IT resources.
- Stored email, files, and folders are permanently erased from CVM systems and networks.
Two Weeks after Termination
- A CVM email is sent to notify the former employee of upcoming deadlines for losing access to CVM e-mail account.
Thirty days after termination
- All access to CVM email/webmail is discontinued, including archived email and files, provided checkout form was completed.
- This timeline does not apply to CVM Students. Student email access will be terminated 1 year from graduation provided password changes are completed before their expiration date. If password changes are not kept up to date, a student's email account is subject to removal the day of password expiration.